Sunday, April 29, 2007

morning

I've been in a strange mood lately. I'd say it was depression but I know it's not that. I've been healed from that. Yah God!

It's almost like I'm stuck in a rut. Work is good but frustrating. The year is winding down and the kids it seems are losing their minds. We've been busier the last three weeks than during flu season. How messed up is that? Sometimes I think it's time to move on but I stop because I feel God was telling me in December I am right where He wants me. I am working with the kids and there are people around me who need encouraging. Sometimes the positive word that is spoken is the only good words some of these students hear. I'm standing on that.

This past week was our missions conference and it was the AFM conference. I ran powerpoint/worship for it on Tuesday night. The worship was WOW. We're singing a new song lately that is so powerful. When LA Joiner came up to speak, he started out by saying he felt God was saying that song was prophetic for his people. That alot of people are tired and looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Watching but ready to give up. (I feel that way sometimes lately). He said God was saying for those holding on, the light is coming. The revelation. The breakthrough. Thank you God!

Yesterday, we had a small group get together at our house. Today is the last day of Alpha so we decided to just fellowship. It was good. Three hours of talking about different things God is doing in each of our lives and talk of how we can fall away from Him by our actions and things we thought would never separate us.

Today, pastor spoke of "Leaving Egypt." What things do we need to leave behind in order to move forward with God into the things He has called us to? What is my Egypt? Food, money, the computer. All these things pull me from God.

A friend of mine and I have been discussing a small women's group. Something crafty. Something that lets women be creative and make things that they can share with others. Whether it be a journal, a scrapbook page, a clock, a card. (Oh yeah, my latest clock is at the bottom) There are so many people who need to be encouraged. If we can help that then we're going to.

You Never Let Go - Matt Redman

Even though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught
in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming
for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Yes, I can see a light
that is coming
for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end
to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You
still I will praise You


No comments: