Friday, December 01, 2006

Surprise Me God #5

I was a bit more courageous this morning than yesterday morning saying "Surprise Me God."

I would never have guessed it would be so hard to say 3 words! And people think saying "I love you" is difficult?

Surprise me God. It's mind boggling. I get up in the morning and I'm half afraid to say it. What will God throw my way today? Will it be good? Bad? Will I make a difference in someone's life? Will someone make a difference in mine?

The unknown is a scary thing. It's like stepping into the dark not knowing if the floor is going to be there or not.

It takes faith. I'm still not sure mine's that strong. But I'm going to go for the gusto and see how long it lasts.

After the tire blew out/shredded last night, I am so grateful to God. That tire could have gone out while I was driving 70 mph on I-10 over the weekend! The thought is horrifying as to what could have happened.

Today, we got up early to go to Wally World to get the tire replaced. At least I thought we would be early. We got there at 6:45 a.m. and there were 3 cars in line in front of us. Ouch. 2 of them were for tires. Ouch again.

So... we get out and go in the store anyway figuring on waiting for them to do the van anyway and just be late for work.

I ran into my nurse who changed schools and talked to her for a bit, then ran into a guy from work and asked if he could give us a lift to school. Score! He could. So we weren't late for work or school. Thank you Lord!

The day was busy but not unmanageably so. My nurse bought lunch. Thanks M! Thank you Lord!

I got a call from the church that is "helping" the kids if needed. The lady had a jacket for both Skif and Talia. We could pick them up after school. Again Score! Talia and Skif both loved the jackets. Talia's wasn't too girly-girl and Skif's was the perfect size and he liked the style. Yeah! Thank you Lord!

I dropped Talia off at a birthday party and Skif and I came to church to set up for CR. It was already set up! Score! Thank you Lord! It takes us about 1/2 an hour to put out all the chairs and tables needed for the meeting. It was a blessing not to have to.

My friend Deb came in and shared a youtube video with me that made me laugh.



Hopefully, you'll laugh as much as I did. It was good. It's also the first youtube video I've ever seen.

Oh yeah, I went to my PRISM meeting last night. I really should keep up in the workbook for this. And stick to the plan. I'd probably weight about 30 pounds less by now rather than 10 pounds less. But the video was the most interesting part. Session 9 covered eatting because of apathy, anger, and perfectionism. I can relate to the apathy and perfectionism. It's hard to admit but as Lizziejoy pointed out in my comments, I'm all about doing it perfectly. And if I can't do it perfectly, then I don't want to do it at all. This applies in most areas of my life. As for the apathy part, I saw a picture over Thanksgiving of me when I weighed 135 pounds! Whoa! I was a toothpick. And the thought ran through my head, "If you can't be that small again, why try?"

God's working on me. I know he is. Thanks Lord for my surprises today!

No comments: