Thursday, December 14, 2006

Surprise Me God! 15, 16, 17

God is so good. Even when I don't understand all that is going on around me.

Monday night, we got to watch a Class 3 wrecker assist an 18 wheeler next to Walmart. The driver had not swung the rig wide enough for the turn and the trailer ended up coming lose from the 5th pin on the rig. It was neat to watch how the driver of the Class 3 wrecker hooked up the trailer and lifted it enough that the rig driver could reposition his truck under the trailer. It took nearly an hour but it was something new.

For some reason, my memory of Tuesday is near non-existent. I know it was a good day. I am just foggy at the moment.

Wednesday, I was asked to help prepare a bulletin for a funeral service. The worship was excellent as always.

Today was just emotional. One of our guidance counselors came and asked me to pray with a grandparent about a former student who is in the hospital. Somehow in the midst of my tears, I was able to say something. When I finished, the grandma told me she was more at peace. I'm glad I had the opportunity to pray with her.

The rest of the day was tough. I felt like I had been drained of all my energy. It was strange.

After work, the kids and I went to visit the couple who brought me all the handmade paper. Their home is amazing!!! The colors are bright and beautiful. Much different than anything I would put in a house but they work so well. T asked me if we wanted to join them for dinner. I said sure. And then...

I got to see the machine. DUDE! Whoa! I want one of those! My head is spinning from all the possibilities!

After looking around, C showed me some of the board/materials he uses to make picture frames. Some of this stuff is 60 bucks a foot! That's some expensive picture frames!

Dinner was excellent. T made spaghetti and homemade flat bread to go with it. I really need to get that recipe.

I think the thing that makes me saddest though, is they will be moving soon. Headed to Ohio. I wish I had met them sooner and gotten to know them better. We met during the S.H.A.P.E. class and I have been tremendously blessed by them. And not just because of the paper. They are just wonderful people who love God and it reflects in everything they say and do.

I was actually sad we had to leave to come to church for the drama practice.

Drama practice. If you're in my neck of the woods, stop in around 8:30 or 10:30 and enjoy the drama and say hi. We're always here.

No comments: