Sunday, November 12, 2006

Found out why my head was spinning the last couple days. A good case of vertigo will do wonders for your perspective!

Church was good this morning. The series title is Kairos.

The average person lives 77 years. 924 months. 4004 weeks. 28105 days. 674520 hours. 40471200 minutes. 242827200 seconds. Time is ticking.

Why am I doing what I'm doing? Who am I becoming?

Pastor used the illustration of juggling. What am I juggling? Are they things that make a difference? Is my schedule full or fulfilling?

I believe I am making a difference but I also see my schedule as full and a lot does not point towards eternity.

He talked of giving my "priorities" the test. The eternity test. The funeral test. The fire test.

Does what I'm doing have a lasting importance? Will someone cry at my funeral? Did I make a difference in anyone's life? What would I take in a fire? What do I consider important enough to take with me and what would I leave behind?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:28-33

Time is a value issue.

Anyway, it was good and I'm hearing it a second time right now. It makes me think. Makes me wonder what changes I can make in my life.

No comments: