Tuesday, February 28, 2017

We Flamin-go Together


Several weeks past Valentine's Day, and this card was floating around in my head. I wanted to use these great palm frond stamps that I won from The Ink Road for coming up with a name for the stamp set - Frond of You. Lara sent me a set of the stamps with a small ink pad from Hampton Arts and some peach colored sequins. Every girl needs some sequins! I also used Lawn Fawn's Flamingo Together stamp set and dies to create this to sweet card.


Believe it or not, this is the first watercolor background I've ever done. I used Tim Holtz Distressed inks in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, and Salty Ocean on a piece of watercolor paper that I put water on before adding the  inks. Although I've seen this done many times, it took watching a Sandy Allnock video on Youtube for the lightbulb to finally go off! Go me! And thanks Sandy!

The palm fronds were done by inking the stamps up with Zig Clean Color Watercolor markers then stamping onto regular cardstock. Three of the images were stamped directly onto the background while it was still damp. I cut them all out by hand then added Olive Jade and Crystal Clear Spectrum Sparkle to them to get that little bit of shine.

Flamingos were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Spectrum Noir markers.

I layered everything together and used glue and pop dots to get the height in the images. I didn't stamp my sentiment until I had the card completely assembled. I used my Misti to be sure that the sentiment was stamped clearly.



No comments: