Saturday, September 03, 2011

Soap, Rain, and stuff...

I found a "pin" on Pinterest for homemade laundry soap.  Today, I bought the stuff to make it and find out how well it works.  The supplies came to $8.16 from my local Walmart.  I totally forgot to get quart jars.  Duh.  But I'm going out later on to find some.  Believe it or not, I have none in my house.

It is raining.  Constantly.  Whether just a sprinkle or heavy, it's raining.  And I love the rain.  This is the perfect weekend.  Tropical Storm Lee sitting in the Gulf churning.  And expected to churn for another two days.  While we don't need quite this much water at once, I'm enjoying it.  The last time I remember a storm sitting like this in the Gulf was Hurricane Danny in July 1997.  I had come back to the states from Guam.  My Daddy passed away on July 14th.  We held a memorial service for him and then had to wait until Danny was gone before we could go sprinkle his ashes.  I can still close my eyes and remember my brother wading into the water to sprinkle his ashes.

We are trying the trial subscription to Netflix.  I'm disappointed that several of my favorite movies aren't on it. What?  Really?  Yes, no You've Got Mail, no Two Weeks Notice, and no to several others I can't think of right now.  I did however, on the first day, manage to watch the first 5 episodes of Star Trek - The Next Generation.

Bet you never knew I was a closet Trekker, huh?  I HATED ST-TNG when it came out originally.  I was stationed in Jacksonville, Florida when it came out.  However, after we (the now ex & myself) to Japan, we started renting movies from a local video store.  We picked up the first few episodes of ST-TNG because we didn't see anything else we wanted to watch right then.  I've been hooked ever since.  Now if only I could convert my children so I could watch them while they are home and not just while they are away.  *sigh*

No kitty love yet.  Still have to wait a wee bit longer.

My daughter and her boyfriend have been together a month now.  It's a big milestone for them.  Seeing as they don't live in the same city, let alone in the same county, they have to make an effort to see each other.  They spent over 2 hours today texting each other to make arrangements to get together on Monday.  Of course, in between, she was texting me asking yes or no to "this that or the other."  We came to an agreement as long as the weather cooperates.  If not, it'll be next weekend.

I'm off to find quart jars now.  Have a safe weekend and have fun.

No comments: