Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year Fun!

For New Year's Day, I did something I've never done before.... Got stuck in the mud. Up to the front axle of my van. In my sister's driveway!

It was a first for her as well. She says she's lived there for 14 years and no one has ever been stuck before. *sigh*

She had to have the neighbor bring his truck over and pull the van out using the rear bumper. It seems my van has nothing to hook a chain onto in the front. I'm grateful that her neighbor had a truck that was big enough to pull the van out!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Standard black-eyed peas for "luck" with pork chops, rice, and corn bread. Yummy! Some cheese dip with chips. What more do you need to eat? Oh yeah, dessert. Tasty chocolate cake with chocolate icing and more chocolate for topping!

Sis and I played 13 games of 313. She stomped me 9 games. I don't think I've ever lost so bad at cards in my life.

Today we popped by the new house and I did a few dishes.

A trip by the Navy Exchange to exchange Breezy's shoes for the right size. After we left she discovered that she has two left shoes. I get to take that pair back. I must remind her that she needs to try on both shoes to ensure that this doesn't happen. Oh well.

I've managed to get an email out with our new mailing address. Updated our addy at the bank, Paypal, amazon, and ebay. Ordered an updated driver's license. oh yeah, my military pay thingie also. I need to contact everyone else to finish that up. The post office would be a good place to have started.

Drove by the old place. The former landlord, it appears, plans to rent it out again!!!! DMV says they can't do anything about it.

Anyway, guess I need to start figuring out what to feed the kids before they are starving.

Tomorrow's agenda? Unpacking!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Happy new year back to you :)