Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

The kids had a New Year's Eve party hosted by a couple who work the youth at church. There were about 12 kids. After midnight, they gave the boys a ride home and the girls got to spend the night.

I popped in to say hi, left with one of the other adults who picked up the college length twin bed that I had left beside the trailer when I moved out. Helped her get it loaded at the old place and unloaded it at her place.

Had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It's so nice to have a decent restaurant on this side of town. The soup and salad were great as always and the blondie brownie with coffee was yummy!

We finished getting moved out of the other place today. My neighbor who also goes to church with us took pictures of it in the event the landlord wants to be difficult. When we moved my bed frame, we discovered an opening about a foot long in the corner of the room that lets you see the siding from the trailer!!

I also walked around the trailer for the first time in forever. It's seriously leaning to the back left corner. I didn't even realize just how much until I started cleaning about 3 weeks ago and noticed a slant to the floor. But after getting the furniture out, it's like WHOA!

I plan on calling the DMV on Tuesday/Wednesday to report it. Did ya know that the DMV handles regulation of mobile homes? Neither did I until Friday.

As of today the kids will have new nicknames. Talia becomes Breezy and Skif becomes Chaz. Talia and Skif were names from my favorite books and as I no longer read the books and have gotten rid of them, I felt it was time for the kids to get new nicknames. Now all I have to do is remember them!

Later today, we'll be back at our new home unpacking. I'm so excited about finally being unpacked. I still can't get over the fact that I've not been completely unpacked since 1989!!! Mind boggling to say the least.

And did I say how grateful I am??? I am so grateful to the Lord for this new place and for my amazing children.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very, very happy new year to you and your family. Congrats on the new home and good luck with the former landlord - sounds like quite the winner! God Bless you all.