Saturday, December 23, 2006

Surprise Me God, Christmas

I can barely believe that it is day 26 of Surprise Me God. God has surprised me all over the place. From revelation, spiritual growth, a place to live, Christmas presents for the kids.

We haven't started moving yet. Everything isn't finished on the house. But it's ok. We'll move.

I took the kids to the mall today. I figured I'd let them pick out their gifts for each other. Talia found her gift for Skif but Skif couldn't find what he wanted to give Talia. She ended up with a fish tank and Skif ended up with 2 Alabama Crimson Tide t-shirts.

Skif and Talia are getting skateboards for Christmas. Skif will get Legos, a shirt, game for his Game cube and a watch. Talia will get a game, a cd player for her bedroom, earrings, journal and jeans. They are both getting music cd's as well.

A friend asked me if I would put some songs on her daughter's mp3 player that she is getting for Christmas. So here I sit, ripping music to the hard drive of my friend's computer to transfer over. Of course, when I'm through, I'll have to delete everything off the computer. She gave me 10 or eleven cd's to transfer to it. It's a 2 gig mp3 player so it will hold all the songs. I'm thinking I need an mp3 player too!

I cooked dinner for she and her husband and kids tonight. One of the only meals I've cooked in months. 2006 has been the year of eatting out. We probably ate out for over 1/2 of our dinners this year. Not expensive places, but out. I hated going home for any reason and to cook there was even less desirable. I told the kids to enjoy their meals out. Starting next week, we eat at home! Yah!

I have Christmas presents to wrap tomorrow. We'll open them on Christmas morning then drive to my sister's house to spend the day with family.

I'm scooting for now. I know it wasn't much of an update but it's been a good week.

No comments: