Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yah!

I'm so excited!  I was selected by Jen of Word Art World to be part of her Creative Team!  Jen makes awesome word art!  She's got word art for nearly anything!

We had a little excitement at school last night while I was at Breezy's soccer game.  Someone set a garbage can on fire.  The garbage can was on the breezeway of one of the buildings.  One minute, there was a small puff of white smoke and then it was a little darker.  I couldn't figure out what it was.  AND then, there was the heavier puff of dark smoke and I realized what it was.  I ran over to where smoke was coming from as did a couple co-workers.  911 was called by someone who was nearer where the fire was.  A student put out the fire with a water hose that wasn't far from the garbage can.  He had seen the smoke from the front of the building and ran to the fire.  He did an amazing job!

Today was "Friday" at school.  How cool is that?  Yesterday was Monday and today was Friday.  We are off the next five days.  Going to spend a little time with my Mom, her husband, my sister, nephews, and possibly my brother over the next few days.  It's going to be good.

DigiScrap Kit from Fall Carnival Blog Train (2010) (Paper by Stargazy, Feather by AlbinaD, Flowers and twine by DedeSmith, Postage frame by Dylabel, Leaf by CCL).  Masking Tape by Scrappin Cop.  Font is Waltograph.  Word Art by Word Art World. 

Journaling reads:  "I nearly missed the incredible Animal Kingdom parade the day I was there.  On my way to he gate to meet up with one of the kids and leave, I got STUCK on the wrong side
of the ropes.  Best time I have ever had being on the WRONG side of anything. The costumes were AMAZING!!!  The detail in each one was like nothing I had ever seen, including at Disney.  The “floats” were sort of primative in construction and yet at the same time beautifully detailed. 
 The joy on the face of each of the parade participants above was so obvious.  I loved it!  This parade is without a doubt one of my FAVORITE memories at Disney ever!"


 DigiScrap Kit from Gotta Pixel (From Boy to Man by CVisions and MBatton).  Word art by Word Art World.

Journaling reads:  Phillies themed birthday party invitations and cake were a great start to begin Austin’s 12th birthday.  Friends from school and family played baseball, ate pizza, and had a great time."


DigiScrap Kit from Christmas Treasures Blog Train (November 2010) (Paper by AndyDesignz; Ornament cord by ericamade, Ornament by JMS, Frame by JAM, White swirl by GetDigi, Notepaper by sjs).  Word art by Word Art World.

Journaling reads:  "Arranging presents under the Christmas tree each year is one of my favorite things to do on Christmas eve.  You know, getting  the presents “just so” so that when the kids see the tree in the morning there is the ahhhhhhh” moment.  Christmas 2009 may be the last year that we have presents under the tree.  2010 will have a small gift in the stocking and cash.  I will miss these days."



DigiScrap Kit from Cinnamon Scraps (Christmas Time).  Word art by Word Art World.

Journaling reads:  "Austin, Chase, Brianne, and Tyler in front of Bass Pro’s huge Christmas Tree.  We had so much fun there on that I think it should be an early Christmas tradition!"

These are my first layouts for Jen.  I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to create for her!  And it gives me extra incentive to scrap my own special events with my children.

In the case I don't make it back by before Thanksgiving, have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your time with friends and family.  Take time to remember those far away from home serving their country.

No comments: