Sunday, February 08, 2009

Inspiration and Discouragement


I opened a beautiful magazine by Somerset Studio called Artful Blogging this morning to read. Such inspiring images and tremendous words by so many creative women. My eyes welled with tears just from the joy of reading and seeing it. So many words, so many media choices. Vivid. VIVID.

It gives me hope to know that it's possible. Hope to stretch, to reach, to grow. God gave me this talent that I have Not just to hide in this little sphere of mine but to share, to teach, to imagine even more.

And yet, at the same time, I seek direction, a goal. Everything seems so overwhelming and unreachable as well. I don't even know where to begin the majority of the time.

Yesterday I sat with a friend from school and her significant other who used to work at Apple as we discussed macbooks. He is a major graphic/computer geek. Beside him, my little meanderings and piddling creations seem so small and insignificant, so unworthy of... anything compared to just the little mini demonstration of what he does.

I felt so discouraged and insignificant when I left. How does anyone at all ever get past what seems to be a crushing of the spirit to take the first step?

No comments: