Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ever feel like your head isn't screwed on tight?

I've been rather fuzzy-brained lately. Hard to focus. Hard to pay attention. It started about three weeks ago or so.

I can talk to people on the telephone and have no idea what was said when I hang it up. Look straight at someone talking to them and forget what I was going to say as well.

It's been crazy.

I'm still having trouble with my eyes. A friend from my Alpha class does eyeglasses and said he'd take a look at my prescription. He did that today. Recommended that I get a contact for the left eye when I get my new prescription (old one is over a year old). Then when my glasses are made there isn't so much difference between the right eye and the left eye.

I am cross-eyed. The strange part is my lazy eye is my domanent (sp?) eye. At one time I was 20/10 in it. No longer. I have to hold whatever I'm reading at an arm's length to get focused. Makes reading a book rather difficult.

And... for the first time in 7 years, no child support came in this month. It wasn't much to start with but believe me when I say we needed it. I called to speak to him and he wasn't home. So I called the place where he was and let the kids talk to him. No, I didn't ask to speak to him. I'm not particularly sure at this point what I need to say or better yet, what I shouldn't say.

One really cool thing for this past weekend. A friend joined us for lunch on Sunday. She was checking out the dresser I had gotten for Breezy the day before when she saw her fish tank. She asked where the fish were and I told her that I hadn't gotten them for her yet because the tank had only been set up the day before. She asked if Breezy would like goldfish. I said I don't know but whatever she gets has to be small. So she called Breezy and asked. My friend walked out to her car and brought in two goldfish the perfect size for the tank. She had bought them for her tank at home and decided Breezy needed them more. Now how cool is that?

So anyway, here is what I'm doing in my free time. (Gotta love the digital camera!)



The image on the front of the card is a bella. They are just too cute!



I love the reflection off of my clear tablecloth on the bottom of this. It just seems to add an etheral feel to the card. (Yeah, I'm strange.)



These are the fan blades that will soon be on my ceiling fan in the living room. All hand stamped and the background was colored with stamping ink as well.



Last but not least, this is the picture I get in my head when I hear the song "Who am I" by Casting Crowns. Love the song. This is about 15" x 10" in size. Handmade papers, wire. I cut the flowers out freehand. The wires are twisted to form the wind.

Gotta go feed the kids. Soccer practice is over for the night. Later.

No comments: